Sunday, October 05, 2008

Indian Institute of Science celebrates Centenary shortly!

The advanced science research institute of India, Indian Institute of Science (IISc) at Bangalore seems preparing well for centenary celebration planned to be held this December.
Click here for an interview with the present director Prof. P. Balaram published by "Outlook India" and here for some history.
My fondness to this Institute remains even today as I remember in my early high school days when I went for morning jogs in the lush green premises of IISc. To gain entry (as my house was situated just outside the campus), I had to convince the security guards about the sole purpose of my visit is just to hike or jog. Occasionally, I evaded the guards sight and considered myself lucky to get in. It was in those times, that the scientific spirits rose seeing those buildings on the way where advanced scientific research was known to be conducted. Taking in the fresh air while jogging, it is hard to forget the number of times that I dreamt of working in any of those research buildings. Till today, those yet-to-be-accomplished dream stays alive!

No comments: